L'hiver est arrivé

        No, I don't know the first thing about French except that French croissants oozing with chocolate are the best bakery good you'll ever come across. Ah, just thinking about it transports me to a day spent in Paris three years back. No, not like Emily in Paris more like a mere one day tourist there but how I wish I had coffee in the  quaint and charming roadside cafes there but then that's what drives our future travel plans right? One day, I am going to go back just to have that hot cappuccino. Nevertheless coming back to reality, yeah it's still 2020 but the weather's colder now. I hate when people say that discussing weather is an old man's job. Why. I feel like I can talk about it at length except the rains because those who know me, know that I share a rather luke warm relationship with it. Even cold. 

      It's been a long time since I last wrote and today after finally completing my practical reports, for the first time in two months I felt like I wanted to write. Not for submissions or assignments but for myself. Having recently seen Susan Cain's amazing TED talk, I knew I had to write before the viva monsters and exam ogres get on my case. So she talked about having our 'suitcases' aka our inner, authentic, true selves and the things most close to that version of our self and I couldn't stop thinking of how this blog holds a special place in my suitcase. So here I am on a ranting prowl again. But before that since we're officially in December which is code for the festive season, I want to say that if you're looking for a Christmas or New years feeler, do watch Dash & Lily on Netflix. It is beautiful. It's seldom that the movie or show adaptation is at par with the book, but this one is pretty good. Being the fangirl I am, I tend to obsess about my latest fictional rave and presently it is adorable show. One of my friends watched it before me and she couldn't stop talking about it ( Thank you for not giving me spoilers! And a bigger thanks  for pushing me to watch it ♥) and this is how I currently feel as well. Definitely the gingerbread latte or salted caramel mocha version of warmth. That's the thing I love about winters - warmth, coziness, a cup of coffee in hand while you snuggle in a blanket, re runs of old shows and movies and having at length discussion about it with friends. People say you're lucky if you find individuals with whom you can be truly yourself - that unapologetic version of you and fortunately for me I have two guardian angels whom I plan to be stuck with till the end of eternity. Come on I know I can't pull saying that off ( but then I'm no Lucifer) but still I feel pretty lucky to have them. If you have that someone or somebodies, hold on to them because they're rare to find and even rarer to hold on to.. Since I'm practically writing whatever's popping in my head, abhi ke liye itna hii... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or.. not to be

In between worlds and places

Fading footprints