Ephemeral period

There are some words you know but don't get an opportunity to use and ephemeral is one of them for me. It means short-lived., transient and evanescent. Often used in conjugation with beauty, it originates from the Japanese analogy of the flower as an ephemeral being as it blooms for only a short period. It emphasizes appreciating the simple and little things in life while reflecting on its' fleeting nature. As I sat down to write a post after what seemed a long time, the word kept floating in my mind till I typed it. Maybe that's the only way I can describe the last few months. When somebody asks me what I learned or what I miss, I fail to answer it honestly maybe because I don't have a response yet. Should I have an answer? Can the experience be summed in a few sentences that sound just the right amount of emotions? Not too much, not too less, just the right amount. When I think about it, I remember the seemingly silly day-to-day affairs of waking up to bright sunlight, making a steaming cup of coffee for myself, feeling important while working, enjoying twilight walks, cribbing, eating, food pampering, and feeling the air on my face. Maybe I was unconsciously trying to play the role of a protagonist or a mix of them or maybe it was just a part of me trying to fill pages of my liberation diaries. For those of you who don't know - it's a show: My Liberation Notes and its' dialogues are as powerful as its name. It's one intricately written good story about the monotony of day-to-day humdrum lives of people. 

Went on a completely different tangent, didn't I? I wanted to write something breezy given the beautiful weather today. I'm not a fan of rain but as I woke up by lightning and thunder I was pleasantly surprised by the gush of air that greeted my morning. There's something magical about waking up early and smiling. Even if the rest of the day goes crappy, at least you have a good start to the day to remember. Currently watching a handful of beautiful, slow paced Korean dramas which help me vicariously feel giddy. I may be inching closer to what may be called mid twenties but the fangirl in me keeps me young and alive. Fiction has that power definitely. Gearing up for the penultimate episodes of This is Us and for an inevitable cry afterwards. Why does it feel so bittersweet when things end? Atleast for a moment, it's always there - your mixed feeling about leaving something and moving towards the other. Sorry, just a couple of random musings. Since I clearly do not have anything concrete to write, abhi ke liye itna hi... 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or.. not to be

In between worlds and places

Fading footprints