Negotiating with prosaicness

Prosaic. To be honest, when I first read this word, I remember feeling that it would be something related to being fancy or vintage. My dictionary proved me wrong. When I think back to the times when I used to check every new word in the dictionary, I feel strangely happy. Nowadays, doing anything apart from the routine seems to be a little implausible and to be honest, a little overwhelming as well. Does that happen when prosaicness comes to define your everyday? I know I sound whiny but well that's the advantage of having a blog. I can unabashedly ramble about anything and everything without irritating a soul. People consider having a routine synonymous with a disciplined life but what do you do when each day feels the same? Similar levels of procrastination, managing work schedules with regular chores and everyday stuff, and the need to recharge yourself with good content and food. And it's on repeat. Or maybe I'm just overthinking... Maybe it's the same for everyone and I should come to accept it as gracefully as most people. No, nothing happened with me in case you're wondering if something agitated this. Just some random thoughts crossing my head as a consequence of mindless Instagram scrolling. It was FOMO earlier but nowadays it's more like an exasperation in alteration with a sudden whim of going on a vacation, trying a new cafe, and adding books (and movies and dramas) to my list. That's it. End of mopey rambling. 

I've also zeroed down my pessimistic vibe of the post to my solo movie date plans. Ever since I watched Candy Jar, my zest, and comfort in going to movies on my own have increased manifold. I was 21 when I got an opportunity in the form of a ticket I'd won (Yes, gloat-worthy enough for me ) that I went alone for a movie, and to date, I remember it fondly. I had been looking forward to watching a particular romcom for quite some time but when it finally hit the theatres, I couldn't go and when I finally had it all planned, it was already replaced by others. So long story short, I became churlish. But but, it still can't dampen one of the most beautiful evenings I've had in a long time. Good weather, picturesque view, and amazing coffee with 'my persons' (inspired by Yang/Meredith- but we're better!) took me back to school days and the gazillion hours we spent together chatting, crying, laughing, teasing, and dreaming. Maybe, sometimes all you need is a little time off, to remember a freer and more authentic version of yourself that helps you negotiate and live with the prosaicness that creeps into life. God, do I preach worse than a parson? I really didn't mean to. Since my last post, every time I sat down to write, I could only manage a couple of flimsy sentences regarding the book I was reading or the kdrama slump I'm going through (hope it gets over soon) which honestly wasn't exciting enough to write. I did want to write about starting the year with an international trip that I quite enjoyed - I still intend to, but since I'm rambled shamelessly as it is, abhi ke liye itna hi...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or.. not to be

In between worlds and places

Fading footprints