Not that bad after all...

 
          Endings can be sad or happy. Or beautiful. Or necessary. Or hard. Or simply, changing. No, no I am not going bonkers neither is this a result of my final year in college cause that one will have to have a separate post in its name. This is due to a show. A family sitcom. Not everybody' s cup of tea, but then I was never a tea person- coffee is more of my thing so yeah. If you ever want to watch something which brigs a smile to your face at time, makes you feel nostalgic about your childhood, make you more caring towards your siblings, appreciate the little things in life and something which is far from being a perfect depiction of life but a little something to go on with your crappy and monotonous routine, watch The Middle. It's interesting, funny and sometimes you'll hear what you want to hear the most at the time you're watching this and you'll feel better. I am not just fangirling but just trying to reflect that sometimes from the most unlikely of sources, you get what you really need. It's not just entertainment all the time although Koffee with Karan  with its interesting gossip is hard to miss. It's like you almost have a connection. To some protagonist, some situation on the screen or simply the prominent emotion present there.

      If I were to draw an analogy, I'd better warn you, one of my best friends has only pointed out a couple of million times that they are delusional,  cliche and sentimental which may be true but come on isn't it a way to think of things in a better light? A new perspective? Something with which you can relate to better? The thing is we are all there in that place which we call 'crappy', a place we believe could be better if only x, y, z conditions were to be present. If only i'd hit that peak of my career, if only my boss or teachers were to be more fair and nice, if only we could get better grades without working too hard, if only we found the love of our lives and the list continues. Look, I am not going to say or write that keep believing in yourself  and you'll be there achieving your dreams and living a happy and fulfilling life because that it is not going to happen - at least there's a slime probability of ALL of it happening. I am one of you, like all people I have good days, bad days and extremely trying and frustrating days but you know what, the physiology of anxiety so to speak is such that let alone and untouched, it has to come down some point of the time or another. This post is rather hypocritical because I crib about these all things and here am I trying to sound all cheerful and peppy. No, I am not aiming for that. I've started to realise that maybe this uncertainty will take me somewhere and yeah I have to work for it all but taking a leaf out of Peeta's book, let's choose hope over fear. In my health pysch paper, I also learnt that hope isn't technically some kind of 'positive belief' to be exact, it is a goal directed feeling and thought which makes your drive towards it stonger. Try not to peg me down as a animistic thinker so abhi ke liye itna hi..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or.. not to be

In between worlds and places

Fading footprints