Yet another January

    I fail to understand the concept of procrastination. I mean during the months of April, May and June it is too hot to be cooped up inside and study rather than feasting on the irreplaceable orange bar or just lie down, relaxing in the cool AC environment. In the so called 'monsoon months', there's too much work and the constant feeling of irritation and annoyance because of which one fails to work. And winters, aahhh, even as I am typing this post, I am wearing leg warmers and buried deep inside my comfy blankets. You can't blame me, you really can't because its cold and this gives me a reason to stay in bed, dink hot coffee, binge eat and watch and of course dread going back to work, to college, to late 5 o clock classes, to the rush of metro at peak hours or just sitting in my lectures fully knowing that this is my final semester and I need to really really work. Wow. Final semester. I know it sounds super cliche when one says ' I didn't know how these years flew by' or 'how quickly and suddenly time sped by', but there are moments when your thoughts resonate with such statements. Its not complete nostalgia, but a feeling od dread, of fear, of accomplishment. I know I am not a graduate yet, so I'll stop now. And about procrastination, well, seasons don't matter, apparently its us who find seemingly appropriate 'reasons' to clear our conscience and hide our guilt. Whatever, I think sometimes its cute.. thats' the secret behind us being imperfectly perfect!

If you haven't already, I recommend going to Mumbai for a small vacation. Not for the celebs ( although I've been on their trail since my first visit to the city and this time yes I went to Film City and saw what 'behind the screen actually meant), but also for the food - the sandwiches ( not the ones they serve in high end and posh restaurants but the small shacks near the beach or the shops in front of Mittibai and Narsee Mon. Colleges) they are killer!! My chachu and chachi also organized a picnic on a yacht this time and rather than the 'party' party I enjoyed the view of the Gateway of India and the Taj hotel with the breeze making my already tangled hair into something which resembled s cuckoo'e nest. Still I loved how, just sitting near the edge of the boat made me feel hopeful, independent and ethereal. I realized that although we were all scared of the future and its predicament, we all dream of doing something out of our comfort zone even if back out later. There's a quote by someone which I read on the wall of a coffee shop a few days back, it said " If its both terrifying and amazing, something which you are passionate about, definitely go for it." I don't know why but it sort of stuck in my head and I made a silent promise to myself that someday I would try my best to go live that dream even if sounded something I would probably suck at first. Sounds hypocritical right? And those who know me, know that I am not much of that 'wild take everything as it comes'. Well, its not the same. I may not chase or rave about that idea but in my mind, I've kept that hope alive so that it comes true someday. And if you've ever had thoughts like these, I shake your hand virtually, feeling glad that there are some people out there who have similar ideas like me. Kafi philosophical nah? I'll take your leave now, so abhi ke liye itna hi... And hey, Happy New Year guys... hope this one shines brighter on all of us!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be or.. not to be

In between worlds and places

Fading footprints